Eight at last! Also, the last eight. Today is my youngest child’s eighth birthday. The Princess! Although her favorite princess has changed from Cinderella to Princess Leia, she’s still, and will always be, my baby girl.
In honor of her birthday, here are eight great things about the Princess:
- Her imagination. Even if her daydreams have shifted from tiara’s to light sabers, she still has a great imagination.
- She is creative. She loves to develop new games, stories, dances, etc. This girl is full of ideas.
- My girl is smart. She is a straight A student and loves to learn.
- She is compassionate. Whenever we are driving and pass an ambulance or emergency vehicle, she says a prayer. If anyone in the house is sick, she checks on them and brings a handmade card.
- This girl has energy! If she isn’t doing cartwheels in the front yard, she is dancing in the kitchen. Or flipping around the bars of the swingset. Or playing with her brother.
- Her smile. She is a beautiful girl inside and out and her smile always brightens my day!
- I love the way she loves her family. Her siblings hold a special place in her heart. Sometimes all the love and affection can be interpreted as just an annoying little sister, but I know she means well. The Princess loves to cuddle and often climbs in bed with Daddy and me. I know she loves me more than the world (she has told me) but her Daddy is her hero.
- She loves God. She made her First Holy Communion last month and for months leading up to it, she was so excited and so eager! She likes hearing stories of the Saints, and I pray that she follows His will and will one day be a saint, too.
When Mr. Dude was only five months old, we were surprised to find out we were expecting another child. Two children, only 14 months apart…I admit, it took me some time to get used to that. Even though she was unexpected, she is a great blessing! I love her and my life wouldn’t be complete without her!
Happy birthday, my Princess!